All the finer things in life come with a price tag, and more often than not, these price tags are not very humble. Refurbished products, if bought smartly, can be a great way to buy something luxurious without having to burn a hole in your pocket. There are, however, several loopholes one can easily fall into and become a victim of while dealing with refurbished goods – be it clothes, bags, shoes or electronics. If you’re thinking of getting your hands on a refurbished deal which seems too good to be true, and are skeptical about it, this article will help you make your decision, for or against it.
Refurbished Clothes, Bags, Shoes
There are tons of sites online or even several thrift shops in today’s time who offer unbelievable deals on refurbished designer apparel, shoes and bags from brands like Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Givenchy, Christian Louboutin, Balenciaga, Fendi, etc. These items are usually second hand or as is mentioned on the websites “pre-loved” clothes. If you are thinking of getting your hands on some of these refurbished deals you might want to remember these 5 things:
- If you are buying the item from a local shop or dealer, make sure to check the label and authenticity of purchase. It’s not a rare occurrence that people try to sell off cheaply produced replica products as refurbished original designer products at prices 5 times the production cost of the copy.
- If you are purchasing the product online, you have to be certain that the site is genuine and selling reliable products.
- It’s a great idea to read a lot of reviews on the internet about a certain site you are interested in buying refurbished products from. This gives you an idea of the experiences people have had previously.
- Make sure you are not giving out any unnecessary details of your financial accounts which you were not required to previously give while shopping from different online portals.
- Finally, as soon as the product arrives to your doorstep, give it a thorough check to make sure it is the exact item that you had purchased and that there are no flaws in it which you weren’t already aware of.
Buying refurbished electronics is a completely different ballgame than apparel because these usually are a lot more prone to damage, valuable and include a fairly significant transaction of money. Moreover, there are more copies than originals of these electronics which are littering the markets and people will desperately try to scam you into believing and buying replica products in place of the original one for a marked-up price.
If bought smartly, however, one can snag up to 50%-60% discount on the original price of products like mobile phones, tablets, laptops, music systems, etc. if they can keep in mind these 5 things before closing the deal:
- Make sure to buy from a reputable retailer, if you’re choosing to buy from a third party, to make sure you’re getting the original product and not a copy. In electronics, it’s also possible to get a factory-refurbished or a manufacturer-refurbished which are sourced directly and are usually both in better working conditions, and more expensive.
- If you’re putting your faith in an online portal, you have to be a lot more careful and make 100% sure it’s a genuine site and a genuine seller, read reviews and get an idea. Contact them prior to purchase if possible.
- With sites like Amazon and eBay, it is better to go for products which have an Assurance Certification on the product page given by Amazon or eBay itself so that if there arises any problem post purchase, then it will be sorted out by the site itself.
- One of the most important aspects of buying refurbished electronics online and offline is to check for warranty. It’s better to buya product which is a year or maximum 2 years old than an older 3-4 year old version, in order to get the assured warranty that comes with purchase.
- Most of these places have a replacement or return guarantee for a limited time post-purchase so once the product reaches you, make sure to give it a thorough check and operate it to its full potential to make sure there are no glitches and you have got value for your money.
We hope our compilation helps you choose efficient refurbished products that prove worth the while. Don’t forget to share your experience with us.