Apple’s iTune Music is one of the oldest and most popular music programs in not only Mac OS, but also Windows OS. This can be because of Apple’s successful production of iPhone and iPad. Today, iTunes is a part of every PC, but in order to download them in Windows OS, you need to work a bit hard.
The iTunes Music App can be used for managing your music library, importing and exporting new music, creating your favorite playlist and synchronizing with your other Apple devices. With the help of an Apple ID, you will be able to access the playlist from all devices, which is a great advantage. Now, when it comes to iTunes on Windows 10, for some the process is simple. While for others, there have been repeated problems, which have made them antsy about installing iTunes on Windows 10. So, let’s have a look at how to download iTunes on Windows 10.
How to Download & Install iTunes
In order to download iTunes on Windows 10, please follow the steps given below
- Open your web browser
- Go to https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Click on ‘Download Now’
- Click ‘Save’ when prompted
- When the download is complete click on ‘Run’, and then click ‘Next’
- Choose the installation parameters and then choose ‘Install’
- Once the pop up comes, choose ‘Finish’
While this seems easy, you might experience some problems when it comes to iTunes installation. The best way is to troubleshoot your iTunes installation process. So, let’s have a look at that.
Troubleshooting For Installation of iTunes
Sometimes, you cannot install iTunes on Windows 10. In that case, you need to troubleshoot your problems. Here are some ways in which you can troubleshoot.
Disable Your Antivirus
Sometimes, your antivirus creates a problem or compatibility issue while installation is taking place. Make sure that you disable your antivirus first if you have any problem while installing iTunes.
Problem with Windows Installer
It might happen that the Windows installer file is creating issues for you. In that case, first clear your registers and then try the installer. In order to clear your registers, follow the steps given below
- Press the Windows + R key
- In the search box type ‘msiexec /unreg’ without quotes and press the Enter key
- Once again press the Windows + R key
- Now type ‘mxisec /regserver’ without quotes and press your Enter key
You can also choose the dedicated Apple software manager to update the installer file if the problem persists.
Now that you have completed the installation, you need to make sure that you are signed in and can access your iTunes app.
How To Create Apple ID?
In order to use your iTunes app, you need to create an Apple ID, so that you can access it in all devices. The steps for that are laid below
- Launch the iTunes app
- Click on ‘Account’, which is available on the top left corner
- You can click ‘Sign in’, if you have a pre – existing Apple ID
- If you don’t have a pre – existing Apple ID, you need to choose ‘Create New Apple ID’
- Click on ‘Continue’ when the option pops up.
- Next, make sure that you agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on ‘I AGREE’
- Type in your email address and your password and confirm your password by typing it again
- Choose your security questions by clicking the dropdown and answering that
- Next, you would need to include your billing info, and you need to add your card number
- Fill in the card details and your full name and address, along with your phone number
- Once you have completed all, click on ‘Create New Apple ID’ and verify your email using the link sent to your email inbox
How to Authorize your Computer
After you have created your Apple ID and installed you should authorize your computer on iTunes. In order to do that, you’d have to launch your iTunes app and go to the ‘Authorization’ option. Then click on ‘Authorize this Computer’. You would also need to provide your password and then click on ‘Authorize’. Note that in order for you to authorize your computer, you need to be signed in. If you don’t have an Apple ID, you need to create it first before you authorize your computer.
In order to reauthorize your computer, the process is the same. You need to visit the ‘Authorization’ option and then choose ‘Remove Authorization’.
How To Import Your Music Library on iTunes
Once you have signed in your iTunes account, you’d need to import your music library. Here are the steps for doing so
- Launch your iTunes app
- Click on File and then ‘Add Folder to Library’
- Click on the file or folder you’d like to add to your library
- Click on ‘Select Folder’
- Repeat the above process until you have added all the files you want to add in your iTunes library
If you don’t know how to download iTunes for Windows 10, fret not, because, with the help of the above tutorial, you’d be able to do that. In addition, we have provided you with ways in which you can update your music library from all device, create an Apple ID and also authorize your PC. In case you have problems associated with iTunes, you can also troubleshoot them before or while you install iTunes in your PC.
So, now that you have an idea of how to install iTunes for your Windows 10 PC, it is time to get started on it. At the end of the day, if you install iTunes and sync it with your Apple ID, you’d be able to use it across all devices. Wouldn’t that be great? Just go ahead, download, and install your iTunes app from the link given below. If you come across any problems, feel free to comment or reach out to us!
Submit your review